Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Girl In My Dream

Last night, I had this peculiar dream about a girl that I’m familiar with during my days in my hometown. Unfortunately, she’s rather vague in my dream and I can’t get the right picture of her face out of my head. Anyway, that girl, I think, was one of my crushes during my high school days. Well, from what I remembered she’s rather cute and I admired her plain beauty only from a distance. Most of my friends had a crush on her that’s why we frequented Susan Theater watching those Robin Padilla’s flicks. You know, the “bad boy image” era of my not so wonderful teenager’s life sporting such ridiculous long hair, oversized scarf, cowboy boots, boot-cut jeans and white t-shirt.

By the way, She’s working there as store assistant at night during weekdays. Sadly, I didn’t get to know her personally. Because, for crying out loud, I don’t have the guts to strike a conversation with her or even ask her name. What can you expect from a very nervous guy like me, who thought during those times that the best thing in life is just to stay silent and think about all the negative side of everything? Pathetic, isn’t it? For a consolation, I was not the only one who suffered from the same dilemma. Most of us have this invisible twin brother called “inferiority complex” that’s always worrying for us on what other people will say about our actions. Not to mention, the complexity of failure acceptance and the fear of public humiliation.

When I realized these things, I was kind of dejected that I wasted so much time and opportunities dwelling in such an ugly perspective. I asked myself, why on earth I was so worried about what other people will say? When, in fact, I should be more concern about the result of my actions and from there I can tell what’s wrong with it if I screwed up. In the same time, eliminating the “what-if” questions in the future. After all, as human as we are, “Mr. Failure” is always there at our side until the day we say the words “Adios, Patria adorada”. So, if you’re a guy out there who happens to like a girl and you’re too chicken to even talk to her, think about it in the most positive way. Because, if you don’t do anything about it right now, you’ll be an instant loser without even trying and you’ll be sorry for the rest of your life waiting for a girl who have the right attitude to court you.

1 comment:

Eyebags said...

Susan Theatre..wehehe. it reminds me of my childhood..

hala baka si aling susan yang gurl na yan..wehehe.